Learn more about me and my work
Tech speaking and community involvement
September 2011 – Present, Frontend Developer and Interaction Designer
- Frontend development and interaction design for internal and customer-facing web-based adminstrative tools.
March 2011 – August 2011, Freelance Web Developer
Self-employed. Operating as précis, Berlin, Germany
- Free-roaming / idea-having / experiment-making
January 2009 – February 2011, Web Application Developer
klug newmedia, Berlin, Germany
- Lead frontend developer of a multi-instance CRM written in C#, utilizing XSLT and Ajax.
- Design and implement other web-based applications and website extensions.
- Perform business process analysis prior to application specification.
- Specialize in: intuitive frontend design, with focus on cross-browser compatibility.
January 2008 – December 2008, Web Application Developer and Consultant
- Developed and maintained web-based applications and site designs for a variety of clients
March 2007 – December 2007, Continuous Improvement Analyst
Direct Energy Essential Home Services, Markham, Ontario
- Performed business analysis and process design
- Created and improved operational processes to impact profitability
- Performed quantitative analysis on process efficiency and cost
- Performed ad hoc quantitative analysis to assist in decision support
January 2006 – March 2007, Web Application Developer
E-Gate Communications Inc., Toronto, Ontario
- Developed web-based PHP applications and site designs, both for in-house use and for clients.
April 2003 – January 2006, Information Systems Coordinator
Canadian Community Newspapers Association (CCNA), Toronto, Ontario
- Developed web-based applications for managing content and for content distribution
- Evaluated and improved processes to reduce errors and increase productivity.
- Migrated several websites from ASP to PHP to improve performance, and allow for easier maintenance.
- Maintained and developed reports for in-house MS Access database.
May 2002 - Jan 2003, Draftsman and Land Surveyor's Assistant
H. Piller Corporation Limited - Land Surveyors, Toronto, Ontario
- Created draft plans and performed various types of land surveying.
- Quickly learned—and then analyzed, questioned and improved—established procedures.
June 2000 - Aug 2001, Engineering Research and Development Co-op Student
JDS Uniphase (formerly E-TEK ElectroPhotonics), Markham, Ontario
- Created and maintained calibration and testing software suite for the Research & Development department.
- Streamlined processes by eliminating human interaction for repetitive tasks.
- Adapted software to be more robust and user-friendly.
- Performed statistical analysis on production variables. Presented findings to management and senior production staff with recommendations regarding procedures and materials.
- Recognized as an efficient troubleshooter, and was often called upon by both production personnel and R&D peers to identify problems in testing and calibration set-ups, despite limited experience with the technologies.