This recipe from Olives & Oranges by Sara Jenkins and Mindy Fox (Thomas Allen) is delicious. You can drizzle the cake with 1 cup (250mL) sifted icing sugar combined with 3 tbsp (45mL) lemon juice.
» Go to Tiffany's Recipe Box
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup (250mL) sugar
• ¾ cup (175mL) unflavoured yogourt
• 3 tbsp (45mL) grated
• lemon peel
• ¾ cup (175mL) extra virgin olive oil
• 1½ cups (375mL) all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp (2mL) baking powder
• ½ tsp (2mL) baking soda
• ¼ tsp (1mL) salt
1. Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until pale and thick. Add yogourt and lemon peel. Beat to combine. Add olive oil in a steady stream with the mixer on medium.
2. Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg batter and mix only until combined.
3. Transfer to an oiled 9" (24cm) springform pan. Bake in a preheated 325F (160C) oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean or a meat thermometer registers 185F (85C).
4. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove. Cool. Makes 8 to 12 servings.
» Go to tif.ca