» Go to Tiffany's Recipe Box
1. In a big bowl, mix 350g of soba-flour, 150g of wheat flour and 160ml of water until the mixture is crumbly.
2. Add 40ml to 60ml of water, mixing until the dough is as soft as an earlobe.
3. Knead it till it makes a sucking sound when pulled off the side of the bowl.
4. Shape it into a ball. Make sure the surface is completely smooth.
5. On a table, flatten it with your palm, and then roll it out into a square 2mm thick.
6. Fold it into quarters and cut at 2mm width.
1 cup of Memmi (a broth concentrate sold by Kikkoman)
8 cups water
bonito flakes to taste (these appear to be sold in packaging that contain single serving packs. A single serving was enough for me.)
» Go to tif.ca