2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 In a large bowl, combine the spinach and strawberries.
2 In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the oil,
vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
Pour over salad, toss until well mixed and serve.
Note from Tiffany: I like to add toasted almonds and soft goat cheese:
- toast sliced almonds under a broiler only until they are just starting to brown (I have
burned tray after tray of almonds - watch them carefully)
- transfer almonds onto a cool surface
- roll a chunk (about 100 grams) of chevre (soft goat cheese) around in the almonds so they adhere
- loosely chop up the almond-uncrusted goat cheese and sprinkle the chunks on top of the already tossed salad
- when you serve it, try not to say "goat-encrusted almond cheese" since you probably will
» Go to Tiffany's Recipe Box
The salad pictured was made with arugula in place of spinach, which is also good.
» Go to tif.ca